Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Past Guyana Trip 8

Ware 2011 Guyana Trip
Georgetown again...
Today Jessica, Dominic , Manpreet and I (Melissa) went to University of Guyana to get the final verification letter for the EPA export permit. The campus was big and the Biodiversity Center Building was full of amazing paintings on the wall.  Ms. Gyanpriya Maharaj helped us and showed to us their dry and collection they have, it was amazing! Then we came back to our hotel the Tropical View and picked up Nicole and Ian; and then we all went to have a final guyanese lunch  in the Shanti’s Restaurant. Afterwards, we went to the most “dangerous” market in Georgetown: Stabroek. We all looked people in the eyes as this is what we were told was the safest way to carry ourselves.  We saw fruit, an amazing diversity of groceries, clothes, shoes, etc, but not knife fights :( . Our final destination of the day was the Zoo... but Manpreet can describe better...

Manpreet:
hello every body .. i guess this the first time i am writing in this blog. well jessica , dominic and melissa had been to the zoo before but this was the first time nicole and I got to see it.




One of my favorite things to see in Guyana is the taxi driver using the remote to change the channel on the TV in the dash!!!! HOT The zoo was awesome!! shook a monkey’s hand:)) One again I would like to thank the lovely Jessica Ware for inviting me on this adventure!!!! --Nicole


Dominic: Starbroek Market was cool. I didn’t get stabbed. I’ll lie to myself and say it’s because no one would dare mess with me. It was probably luck. 

Jessica: Yum! Today was a day filled with good eating! Shanti’s had pumpkin curry, and it was amazing.....


Monday, August 15, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment